You can get involved with A Place to Belong in one of three ways:
Volunteer with us
A Place to Belong is on a constant search for open-hearted people who want to provide welcome and inclusion for someone who is experiencing life on the edge.
What volunteers might do:
- One volunteer regularly goes with someone to the museum or art gallery when there are shows on.
- Another person helps provide transport for a person to community events.
- Another welcomes a person to her home for cups of coffee and occasional meals.
- “I volunteer because it gives me a feeling of contributing and helping others”
- “I meet up with Jill from time to time. I love to hear her laugh when we go out for a coffee. We talk about life and how things are going”
- There are many simple and ordinary ways that people in community can provide welcome and inclusion.
Contact us to discuss volunteering with A Place to Belong.
If you would like to donate or make a bequest to any of our programs, please Contact us.
Work with us
The primary qualifications are:
- to be able to respect and honour people who have experienced marginalisation in our society
- to believe in the value and potential of community relationships
- to be able to listen and get alongside someone who might have very different life experience from you
To register your interest, please contact us.