- A powerful factor in facilitating recovery and support is connectedness – to self and others.
- Many people’s recovery stories indicate the potency of friendship, acceptance and respect shown by friends and community allies.
- Mental health professionals can help facilitate people’s links to community.
- Communities and relationships are important for recovery.
- You have the power to play a role. If you know someone in your family or neighbourhood who is struggling with, or recovering from mental health challenges, you can play an important role by holding hope for the person, by extending a hand of friendship, by offering everyday acceptance, or by connecting the person to activities or groups they want to be a part of.
For more information about mental health and recovery, visit our Links and support page. For resources on recovery, visit our Newsletters and resources page.