Guiding Group Thursday May 11 2017
-Finding your voice- your capacity
Join the discussion about finding the voice of service users.
- A personal story
- Our research into finding alternative ways of finding voice and connecting.
- Information about the NDIS -Information, linkages and capacity building grants.
Time : 5.00 pm dinner and catch up, 6.00- 7.00pm for our main meeting.
We would greatly value your input and insights at this guiding groups
Email : Damian@aplacetobelong.org.au if you need assistance to attend.
Welcome to 2016.
Please find attached a copy of Belonging – A Place To Belong’s 2016 newsletter.
It is our pleasure to share some updates, reflections and plans for this year and to invite you to a range of learning events.
Feel free to pass on to others who may be interested.
The journal Literacy and Numeracy Studies published by the University of Technology, Sydney has recently published an article about the Reading and Writing Group at A Place to Belong.
The article is called “He was learning to read, but he wasn’t learning to live :Socially inclusive learning in a community setting” by Greg Marston of QUT and Jeffrey Johnson-Abdelmalik .
The link to the journal article http://epress.lib.uts.edu.au/journals/index.php/lnj/issue/view/350
Toni Powell gave an inspiring presentation on Gratitude and Mental Health during a recent Sunday workshop. In concluding, Toni provided some simple strategies to put into practise:
- Each day for a week, or preferably a month, hand-write a thank-you note or letter to someone who is contributing to your life, or who has in the past.
- First thing in the morning, think of one good thing to look forward to or reflect on something positive that happened at night before sleep. Perhaps write in a journal about it.
- Take one photo each day of something you can feel grateful for – look around and select things that are not all that obvious.