Date: Wednesday, 20th July 2016
Time: From 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Chermside Kedron Community Church, 590 Gympie Road, Chermside
A Day For
- demystifying and humanising mental health for pastoral care workers and chaplains;
- enabling members of the community to make a difference in the lives of people who face mental health difficulties;
- equipping members of the community to walk alongside those affected by mental ill-health;
- informing members of the community of the resources available to help people in dealing with Mental Health and Wellbeing;
- raising awareness of how the Mental Health System works.
More details available download your Brochure – Intro to Mental Health Pastoral Care 2016 (3) get your registration form and join us.
Please return the form to:
Carlos Tamayo-A Place To Belong- PO Box 5873, West End,QLD 4101 Ph: 3217 2522 Fax: 3217 2274 Email: Carlos@aplacetobelong.org.au
Date: Thursday 17 September 2015
Venue: 69 Thomas Street, West End
Time: 5.00 pm for dinner and catch up (bring food to
share if possible) – 6.00 – 8.00 pm for our main
Agenda: Reimagining Leadership
We will look at how we see leadership in our work and the opportunities we all have for leadership.
We will also discuss upcoming opportunities and events such as Wellbeing Day 2016.
Sep 2015 GG Agenda
Date: Sunday November 17th 2013
Time: 2.00pm to 4.30pm
Topic: Connection and Contentment
Take a little time on Sunday 17th to learn about recovery. It’s a vital concept that is growing and changing as we grow and change. It now means a lot more than the clinical definition of a return to a level of functioning in community. This workshop is an opportunity to explore how connecting with our desire for happiness and contentment can become the driver of our recovery.
- We’ll hear someone’s story.
- We’ll hear updates about upcoming opportunities.
- We’ll enjoy afternoon tea. Bring something to share if you can.
Venue: The Parish Centre, Anglican Parish of St Thomas, 67 High Street, Toowong (bus approximately 300 metres away, train approx. 400 metres away)
Up the stairs between the church and ‘Data 3′. Look for the A Place to Belong banner!
Parking available under the ‘Data 3′ building in High Street and in Jephson and High Streets.
Download the flyer
75 people attended the Orientation to Mental Health Pastoral Care Training Day for chaplains and pastoral care workers. This day continues to be a bridge- builder for cross-church relations in mental health. One of the people A Place to Belong has done inclusion work with shared her story at this day.